Saturday, June 26, 2010

This Hope We Have as an Anchor of the Soul


How can we understand a precious 8 year old girl who was molested by her father? How can we understand the behavior problems that result from the anger & fear? How can we understand a 9 year old boy who spent 2 nights in intensive care from an asthma attack without parents who give a care. Observing these circumstances and wrestling with my opinion of them has thrown me into questioning what I'm hoping in? How can one experience peace in the midst of such evil? How can the anger that wells up within me when I observe it be used for good? Will I end up shaky and prone to being governed by emotion when there is a great Hope that can be shared? The hope of a loving heavenly Father who can redeem any pain and transform it into something strong, solid and powerful. God's eye is on these dear little ones and everyone, if we hope in his love. (Ps. 119:18) This hope will ground us, anchor us, and make us unshakable. It will never disappoint. His grace is sufficient.
This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast (Hebrews 6:19)...Christ Jesus who is our hope.(1 Tim. 1:1 )

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post!!! You are a blessing to so many especially me! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete