Monday, November 21, 2011

Stay Anchored!

"Tall ships" on the seaport of Ijmuiden, Netherlands
IJmuiden is a seaside town situated at the sea end of the Amsterdam to North Sea Canal
The immense piers and locks of IJmuiden are the gateway to Amsterdam . From here, ships of all sizes can make the short journey right into the heart of the Dutch Capital.
IJmuiden has become one of the leading fishing ports of north-west Europe and is the site of the vast Corus steel works.

Old industrial plants by the North Sea Canal


In the middle of the North Sea on my way to Scotland!

This Thanksgiving I'm thanking God for people who have helped me keep from drifting away from fellowship with Him, encouraging me to cling to the Hope that is within me. We need people that will say, "Hold on!", "Stay anchored!", "You're not alone."... Thank you to my helpful "Tuggy the tug boats" and protective "battle-cruisers"! If you read this, you know who your are.

5 comments:

  1. Thanking God for you, Jennie! The pictures are beautiful! Are they from the Duluth trip last year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! This the seaport of Ijmuiden in the Netherlands just as we were taking off for Scotland. It was so beautiful. I'll add some titles to these posts. :) Can't wait to see you tomorrow night!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you pronounce Ijmuiden? I LOVE the music in the background - piano, strings (my favorite combo), and it's just the perfect background for the pictures. I almost feel like I can close my eyes and imagine I'm there. My favorite picture is the 7th one down. I love how the sun is coming through the clouds! God's beauty just can't be expressed in words, can it! Can't wait to see you tonight, too!
    Love Ya,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a blessing Jennie! I love how you take life and see God in all the steps, even the hard ones. Your photography is a gift of story telling through pictures. Love the music!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your guess is good as mine on the pronunciation, Sarah. :) I'm glad you like the music as much as I do. It does help express the feeling of being there! You're right; words or pictures just aren't adequate to express the awesomeness of God that he reveals to you. But, I guess there's something satisfying in at least trying. This next post will be the same way...
    Mom, without your help I don't know how I would know to see God in this journey. It's so easy to get self-absorbed! Thanks for faithfully pointing my eyes up!
    I'm so grateful for you both! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete